Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Three Wonderful Years


This week Spencer and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary!  It was wonderful, but very different than how we are used to celebrating.  Having a baby now makes more than a day away a bit difficult, but we found a babysitter and enjoyed a day together at home...mostly.  We got and had breakfast, took James to the babysitter.  We then went rock climbing where Spencer climbed his first ever 5.10a wall (for those of you non-rock climbing nuts it's a really difficult climb).  I did not climb my wall, but I attempted three times and on the third time I made it past the part where I had been getting stuck.  My arms where shaking so badly at that point, however, that I decided to call it a day in the rock climbing department.  We dropped by the babysitters so I could feed James.  Then we came home and ate some Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza (it was delicious).  For the rest of the day we played games and just enjoyed each others company (and some tasty treats like ice cream!).  It was super chill, super relaxing, and super fun, basically our day was kind of a reflection of our marriage, chill, relaxing, fun, and full of love.

 Strange to say, as we've only been married for three years, it is really hard for me to remember what it was like not to have my best friend and eternal companion in my life.  It feels as though we've always been together, and always will be.  Maybe it has something to do with the nature of eternal marriage that once you are sealed your marriage spreads forwards and backwards to fill all eternity.  Whether or not that's how it actually works that's how it feels.  I love my eternal companion!  I love my Spencer!  Happy Anniversary to us!


I am so excited for all the years to come that will continue as they started, with us walking hand in hand to confront whatever it is this life has to offer us together.  



3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Congrats on 3 years! Oh, and I want to see you soon! I am moving to Salt Lake so I need to see your beautiful face and you sweet little baby in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thought--that your marriage spreads forwards and backwards to fill eternity. I'm so glad you and Spencer found each other! You're great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I agree with Maren, what a beautiful thought and I think you and Spencer are splendid together. :D

    ReplyDelete